Ask an expert

12 Aug 2008

Is shrink the right option?
Good morning.
Will a normal Psycologist be able to help me with a sexual problem? I am unable to achieve an orgasm and there is nothing physicaly wrong with me. (went to the doctors).
Is this something I have to sort out with a " shrink"  or is this not the way to go? Pleeze help!
Answer 396 views

01 Jan 0001

Either ought to be able to help you. A psychiatrist may have a slight advantage in being a fully qualified doctor as well as being trained in psychological medicine ; either would want to assess the likely causes of the problem and help you deal with it. The commonest causes of difficulties either in getting and erection or having an orgasm, are related to anxiety ( and so the more you woory about it, the worse it gets ) and usually respobnd really well to treatment
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9265 votes
66% - 17843 votes