Question

Is shrink the right option?
Good morning.
Will a normal Psycologist be able to help me with a sexual problem? I am unable to achieve an orgasm and there is nothing physicaly wrong with me. (went to the doctors).
Is this something I have to sort out with a " shrink"  or is this not the way to go? Pleeze help!

Either ought to be able to help you. A psychiatrist may have a slight advantage in being a fully qualified doctor as well as being trained in psychological medicine ; either would want to assess the likely causes of the problem and help you deal with it. The commonest causes of difficulties either in getting and erection or having an orgasm, are related to anxiety ( and so the more you woory about it, the worse it gets ) and usually respobnd really well to treatment