Question

Is ther some help for Sinus relief??
I am not expecting a miracle, however it has been years and I have been treated with oral cortisones, Illiadin, Beclate, Cataflam, a variety of painkillers even Propane Forte for my headaches. Nothing has changed.
I still have nasal blockage at night-whichever side I sleep on seems to become blocked. I continue to use the Beclate nasal spray before going to bed. I continuously swallow or blink my eyes to clear some form of blockage in my ears. This sinus has exhausted me as I have very restless sleeps at night.
Please advise. Thank you
ENT Expert
ENT Expert

Dear Samantha

One needs to establish if the headaches have any relation to your blocked nose/sinus complaints, as this is very rarely the case. There may be a small group of patients were this is the case, but the numbers are indeed limited.
You should be assesed by an ENT to estsablish if your sinus problem is contributing to your headaches. It may be corrected by LIMITED surgery if this is the case. If this proves not to be the case, an opinion regarding your headaches should be obtained from a neurologist.
Regarding your current problem with the post nasal drip, you may benefit from some of the much newer cortisone nasal sprays on the market, as they are indeed very effective.