Question

"IS THERE CARBS IN PROTEIN"
On the Woolworth's nutritional label for "Kabeljou" fish there is a nutritional value of 14.5g of carbohydrate per 100g of this fish. Their rainbow trout has a reading of 2.9. I was under the impression that fish (or protein) does not contain carbs. Can you please help me understand this better. Are carbs in protein lost during cooking or should I calculate these carbs into my daily intake.

Also what is couscous and does it appear naturally in nature the way we find it in stores or is it a processed product? Does it have any nutritional value?

Dear Net
You are quite correct: pure protein foods such as fish do NOT contain any carbohydrates. Are the products you list crumbed or dipped in batter? If so, this is where the carbs originate - the flour or crumbs and not the fish. Neither carbs nor protein are affected by cooking and must be added to your daily intake of both nutrients.
Couscous is a North African product make of crushed wheat or flour, so the product you buy has been processed by milling, etc. It has more or less the same nutritional value as wheat flour - carbs, energy, some B vits.