Question

Is this enough to lose
I am about 20kgs overweight and started working out 30 min 5 times per week and changing my eating habits. I had my fis weight in after one month and I have lost 3.8kg weight, 3cm around my hips, 1cm around my waist and 1.5% body fat. Is this slow weight lose and if so how can I speed it up. How long will it take for me to lose 20kgs at this rate? I have also started working 30 minutes in the morning but I only started this last week.

Hi Lee

Unfortunately, there is no yes or no answer to this, because it depends on the individual. Some people lose faster than others. I think that for one month, to have achieved these changes is very impressive and you should be very pleased. The key is whether it's sustainable or not. Often oeple lose weight fast but then put it on just as quickly and so your challenge is to make sure that you keep going, keep losing and eventually you will see more and more coming off. I think that to lose 20 kg,you should really be setting a goal of almost a year, because it's a lot of weight to lose. That may sound like a long time, but you have already lost 20% of it and I'm sure you must be feeling better and better all the time. Therefore, if you just keep going, you will feel better as the months go by. Take heart from the fact that your fitness is improving and that you are enoying exercise and by the end of the year, you can reassess what has changed and I'm sure you will find more progress.

Good luck!