Question

Is this fair?
This morning my fiance told me that he has genital herpes. He has had it for the past 15yrs.
How do I handle this one? I have not said a word as I need to think things through. I do know
that he should have told me about this condition a long time ago. We have on occasion had
unprotected sex. How could he expose me to the possibility of contracting this disease!

Dear Jasmine,
Damn bad manners, if I may say so. Exposing you to the possibility of such an infection is deeply inconsiderate and irresponsible, and a pretty peculiar nuptual gift to one's fiancee. Why did he happen to bother to tell you now, after all this time ? I can well understand that you might want to revise your thinking abou the engagement, as it may be hard to be sure whether there are other dark secrets lurking in his closet.
What excuses has he offered for this misconduct ?