Question

Is this night terrors?
My boyfriend often starts screaming in his sleep, I have to physically shake him awake, and than he doesn't recall what he was dreaming. This is worries me. What is going on? Is this psychosis or what? Please help, it is starting to cause problems.

MMm,. dinky. It sounds much like what we might call Night Terrors in a child, but these are no usually seen in adults. ( and I am assuming that your boyfriend is rather older than a child ! ) It could be a form of nightmare, though ; and though these can be alarming, they don't usually indicate anything serious. Psychosis doesn't affect people in this way. If it continues to trouble him and you, it could be useful for him to see a shrink for a checkup ; but it may well go away as mysteriously as it came.