Question

isidingo
i've seen in this site that you write articles about what happens to isidingo like the deseases that contaminate people in the soap e.g like 'bipolar to paul' vusi's calling by ancesters agnesies confession about her rapist......

can you help me by writting an article about what is & what has happened to cherel....i mean the impact that has been done by her father raping her & produce a product is'nt that what made her to be like that. people should know how to handle things like that cherel didnt come forward coz she was afraid & scared not knowing what to do.......she ended up killing people in my perception. plz help me & others

Hi odwa,
Well, I have written articles relating to various TV shows, mainly those which have relevant psych themes and material worthy of comment. I haven't written about any of the SA soapies, for various reasons, including the tendency for SA soapies not to use good psych or medical consultants, and thus to have writers who can misinform and mislead people by just tossing in currently fashionable or newsworthy medical themes.
I don't watch Isidingo, but if it has given even the faintest impression that there could be any connection between someone having been the victim of rape, even of incestuous rape, and her later killing people, then the show would have insulted all rape victims and invented a connection that flatly does not exist. That would have been a very irresponsible story-line, and seriously misleading. There is no connection whatever between having been a rape victim and later murdering other people.
Yes, people who have experienced rape or abuse may be reluctant to come forward for help for fear of negative reactions from others, and need to be encouraged to seek the professional help they deserve.