Question

“Issues”…..How do I deal with it??
I’ve been hurt before. I’m divorced with 2 kids.
I’ve met this wonderful guy whom I love very much.

I KNOW that being hurt before doesn’t necessarily mean Im gonna get hurt again..But yet, I get doubtful and become so cynical.
I was this trusting person before I got hurt, and I want to become that person again…
My BF told me I still have “issues” I need to work on…..
But HOW?? How do I deal with these “issues”..??

I cant afford to go for therapy…I’m quite a level headed person…but sometimes I react irrationally and almost immediately regret my actions etc…

He is rather patient with me….which I appreciate so much…
Will this behaviour of mine change for the better over time??

I want to love, trust etc like Ive never been hurt before…..But saying something and actually living it…..is soooo different …and difficult….

We flip-flop, don't we ? We generally start out in life grossly underestimating the risk of being hurt in relationships ; then, after our first major hurt, we tend to switch to over-estimating the risk.
Sounds like you have the right sort of partner with whom to work on this, and if you can manage even a few counselling / FAMSA sessions, this could help accelerate the process.