Question

it's not thrush!
I've had this discharge for as long as I can remember. It's white, not smelly, kind of sticky and made my period pains unbearable. i went to a Gynae but at the time i had thrush so she couldn't distinguish the two. She put me on the pill and that has stopped the pains, and all the other stuff it's supposed to do. but what if this gives me some form of Cancer or means I can't have children. The rest of my uniuely female stuff works fine. it's just this horrible discharge that won't go away! Mom's prescribed different anti-biotics. they work for a while but then I get my period and then it's business as usual. I'm 22 and would like to start taking better care of my body. Step one is to rid myself of this embarrassing and condition. please tell me what you think it is. i'll go back to my gynae but if I can sort it out myself, I'd like to.

You should see your gynaecologist at the time when the discharge is present and have a swab taken to see what the cause is. If it tends to occur after your periods, the most likely cause is thrush, which does not affect your reproductive system. This, however, is itchy, but should not cause a bad smell. The best thing would be to have a diagnosis made.