Ask an expert

02 Feb 2003

Hello, I have around my anus an area of dry skin and this itches very much. I hav enoticed that there seems to be 2 pimples that look like warts. please tell me what it is and how i can treat this
Answer 368 views

01 Jan 0001

Iceman, it’s very difficult to say what it is without being able to see it first. It might be warts, haemorrhoids, sebaceous glands and a host of other skin problems. I wrote something on “itchy bottom syndrome” a while ago and if you want a copy of it you can mail me at Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9270 votes
66% - 17921 votes