Ask an expert

07 Nov 2006

Itching Penis
Hi, my penis is itching sometime during the day. It looks like a infection because of the redish coulour. It's been going on for 3 weeks now. I think it's getting worse. I don't want to go to the docter. What can i get from my local pharmacy to treat this. Please help.
Answer 592 views

01 Jan 0001

Any infection should be seen and treated by a medical doctor. If it is indeed an infection it will need antibiotics, whcih a doctor has to prescribe. You also need to have the source of the infection checked out, if you have s eregular sex partenr, he or she might have an infection too.

There are no over the counter treatments for sexual transmitted infections.

Dr E McIntosh
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.