Question

itching scalp
Morning doc, about 2 weeks ago, my scalp started itching. At first I thought that it could be lice, but my hubby checked and told me that it looks like dry patches on my head. I can not stop scratching. I changed my shampoo but to no effect. What can it be?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is difficult to give advice without examining the area. I suggest that you consult your GP for an examination of the area and that he/she does a skin scraping of the patches. This can them be send away for analysis to find the true cause for your condition.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger