Question

itchy after sex
i have noticed that after sex, I have an uncomfortable itch, much like thrush. I am sterilised so we dont use any contraception. Could it be the KY-gel i use for dryness that is making me itchy?

I'm just wondering about your dryness...have you had this assessed? If it is just to augment your normal lubrication, then perhaps continue to use lubricant but try different options. KY gel is not necessarily the best lubricant for intercourse as it becomes sticky quite quickly...try products like Sylk, Astroglide, Assegai, or other natural lubricants intended for sexual usage. However, do have the dryness checked out. Make sure that you are also not changing the natural pH of the vulva/vagina by using soap based/perfumed products. If itchiness persists, try anti fungal preparations and have the reasons for it medically examined.

Claire - SASHA