Question

Itchy neck
I've developed a light red rash like exzema on my neck. Although I've stopped using perfume, and I don't wear jewellery, it still itches like crazy. What should I do? I'm just putting some non perfumed aqueous cream on it at the moment.

Mel, it might just be contact dermatitis (due to something like perfume, washing powder, etc.), but from this side of the screen it also sounds like it might be due to a superficial fungal infection. The best would probably be to use an antihistamine cream for 2-3 days and if it doesn’t clear up, to use an anti-fungal cream like Lamisil®. If that doesn’t work, you will have to see your GP. Good luck.