Question

Itchy throat and ears
It has been a while now that I have been suffering from a itchy throat and ears. It sometimes becomes so bad that I want to go through the roof! Sometims I have to "use my tongue to scratch the inside of my pallet to take the itchy feeling away and it hurts.

I also tend to sneeze alot. Everytime I sneeze, I have a pain in my left shoulder at the back. I do suffer from sinus, but this is rediculous. I am very sensitive to dust and cat hair. I have a cat and a dog, and absolutely love my animals and don't want to get rid of them.

Doc, do you have a easy solution?

Regards,

Lize

Lize, it seems like you suspect allergies and you might be right. The easiest would be to take an oral antihistamine (Clarityne®, Deselex®, Kestine®, Telfast®, etc.) for at least 2 weeks and see if it clears up. If it does, you will have your answer – you will have to take an antihistamine every day or get rid of the pets. If it doesn’t, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.