Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
23 Nov 2005
Itchy weak muscles, balanitus, burning eyes/sinus, tingling
Saw GP with joint pain, fainting, asthmatic wheezing and rash on penis. Diagnosed gout, stress and balanitus (uncircumsised). Treated with anti inflammatory for joint pain and cream for rash, inhaler for asthma. Balanitus remained, joint pain eased, fainting continued and developed serious muscular weakness in neck, arms, shoulder, face. Weakness got worse as day went on and was gone after sleeping. Went on and off anti inflammatory and given more powerful cream. 6 months later still have balanitus, weakness still there, muscles itch and then hurt, head feels heavy, knots in neck muscles, swallowing strained, foul tasting saliva and post nasal drip from back of mouth, burning eyes and sinus, numbness in tip of tongue. Blind, painful pimples on head, neck , face, ears from time to time. Symptoms worsen with exercise and body tingles and nausea. Highly irratible.All feels like it emmanates from head/neck.Dr has blood tested for HIV, neuro muscular disease, diabetes and said all negative. Said i am infected because of pimples, but said he does not know with what or what is wrong with me. Any advice on where to next?
Shamus, the next step would be to see a specialist physician as it sounds like your GP has done a good job of sorting out the basics. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Coronavirus science | Week in review: Vaccine registration, blood sugar dangers, and Covid severity
- Sex steroids could explain why Covid-19 is more severe for men than women
- Covid-19 virus may have mutated, but doesn't appear to increase transmissibility, new science shows
- Masks refresher: They slow spread of the coronavirus, but types of masks, length of use matter
- Enough sleep can help you keep negative thoughts at bay
- KwaSizabantu: Mission has 'blind faith' in leader Stegen, but it's not a cult, panel finds
- There's no fiscal or monetary policy 'space' to be radical – deputy Reserve Bank governor
- Adriaan Basson | Malema's extraordinary attack on SAPS cannot go unpunished
- ANALYSIS | Motion of no confidence in Ramaphosa: Expect little more than a political sideshow
- ANALYSIS | Why two men were acquitted of Coligny teen's murder, and what it says about the legal system
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17836 votes