Question

ITP vs PCOS
Hi CyberDoc

You asked me to remind about my question posed last week. Do you perhaps have any info yet?

The previous ref no is 6732.

Dear Menette,
Yes, I looked around for you but could find no references suggesting relations between the two or that they tend to walk hand in hand. They don't know what causes ITP in adults but thinks that it could be because of an abnormal immune response. PCO on the other hand is caused by an abnormal secretion of gonadotropin hormone. The treatment for each differs widely and I would treat it as 2 diseases present at the same time.