Question

jack russell pup eating everything on sight
Hello,

My jack russell is 7 months old and eats everything he can find on the street, when I get him to a park he plays fetch until he notices there are seeds around, pigeon poop, dates (fruit) or basically anything people feeds to pigeos (bread), how can I stop him from doing this? he doesn''t obey when he is looking for food, otherwise he is pretty obedient.
It''s very annoying because I''m afraid he might eat something harmful to him one day.

In order to protect your dog’s health, it’s important to teach your pet what is or isn’t allowed to be eaten. The best way to do this is through diligent supervision and obedience training. The role of obedience training is paramount in addressing this problem. Your dog will learn the meanings of “no” and “good dog,” and therefore will respond better when you use those phrases to correct grabbing things from the ground. Also, some basic commands will help your dog to mature, will give him other things to think about and will increase the amount of respect he has for you.