Question

Jaw -pain connected to neck pain????
Dear Doc, I have had many problems with pain in my mouth.... however my dentist assures me my teeth and gums are fine.... but I clench my teeth at night apparently, and so use a bite plate.... anyway, he tells me I need treatment on my neck.... Years ago I fell down steps and jerked my head back to avoid my face hitting gravel!..... and so that startedme with neck problems..... can this be causing the pain that I perceive to be teeth?
Where in Durban does one find Chiropractor who massages as well as adjusts? I am in the Umhlanga arrea. It is too costly to go to a Physio for massage... my neck muscles are incredibly tight..... and a Chiro for adjustments.
Thanks for you advice!
ChiroDoc
ChiroDoc

Your dentist has recognised the symptoms and it would be good to follow his advice. There is a muscular relation and your "clenched teeth" habit is often associated with persons susceptable to stress situations and indeed stiffness or tension in the neck muscles. There are several good chiropractors in your area. We do not keep a record of their individual preferences of practice techniques - so call the receptionist and ascertain whether or not they include massage and other therapies in their treatment protocol.