Question

17 Sep 2009

Jobless depro
2 months ago my employer flew over from HO and told me he is letting me go. There was no warning signs, he did not say that he was unhappy with my work, we were doing ok etc.

I was so shocked I do not even feel angry, I am just empty. I am finding it hard to look forwork as I feel I am no good at anything. I want to burst into tears 3-4 times a day when I think about finding a job again.

How can I get out of this daze, I just feel numb as if I' ve shut down. I just want to sit at home untill the bank comes and take everything. I feel like the deer in the headlights - knowing I should move but unable to.

Check with a labour lawyer or Dept of Labour to be sure your employer did everything he is required to do according to labour law. I'm sure he is required to give due warning, help with finding a new position, re-training, whatver, not to just suddenly dump a good worker because it happens to suit him