Question

Jogging 5 days a week
I just started a jogging program. Building up from jog-walk-jog-walk to full jog for 30 minutes.

I've been doing it for 2 weeks and so far I'm doing great.

I'm jogging Monday/Wednesday/Friday and want to up to Monday to Friday by the beggining of March.

Is this safe or is 5 days a week too much?

Hi Shawn

No, 5 days a week is fine, provided you build up to it and you certainly are. I don't think it's too ambitious to say that by March (7 more weeks) you will be able to do 5 days a week. You just have to be systematic and methodical in how you increase the distance and frequency of your runs. For example, if you are currrently jogging and walking three times a week, the first goal is to get to four times a week. Then, once that is done, goal number 2 is to gradually phase out the walking part and increasing the jogging part. Once that is done, up to 5 days a week. But I think the one piece of advice I'd give is pick ONE goal at a time and don't mix them. In other words, don't jump up from 3 to 4 days a week AND cut back on the walking at the same time. one step at a time!

Good luck, and if those meds are hindering your progress, don't by shy to speak with treating doctors and find a compromise!