Ask an expert

18 Jan 2008

Joint Pains
hi Doc....<br><br>My mother gets alot of joint pains, her entire body burns and sometime her palms swell. This happens every day.......<br><br>She is not sure what is causing this. She has been to alot of doctors and they can't seem to find whats wrong with her.She has even been for acupunture.<br><br>We all so worried about her, PLEASE can you suggest something we to help her. NB : My mother is 47yrs old...<br><br>thank you doc......
Answer 403 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Worried

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that your mother makes an appointment with an Internal Specialist, in order him/her to take x-rays of the affected joints, as well as doing the necessary blood tests, to make a diagnosis. There are many types of Arthritis (joint pain) and therefore, it is important to make the correct diagnosis and to start with the correct treatment.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18678 votes