Question

Jojoba

I am 29 years old and over the past six or so months i have started getting pimples which turn into dark spots on my cheeks. Are these age related? Anyway, i have started using pure jojoba oil as i am not keen on using chemical based product products. Is this safe to use and do you have any knowledge of its effectiveness?
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

Hi ‘Dot Com’, thank you for the question.
The symptoms you describe sounds like adult onset acne with post-inflammatory pigmentation. Jojoba Oil (actually pronounced with an ‘H’) is used as a moisturizer only and will most probably not have an effect with treating acne or pimples. Furthermore, the oil is similar to the skin’s sebum and if the use of the Jojoba Oil coincides with the pimple outbreak I would stop using it. If the pimples started prior to the use of the oil you should consult a dermatologist who can give you advice regarding the treatment of the pimple outbreak. If you are resistant to the use of any chemical based products excellent results have been achieved with the use of combination blue and red LED light therapy (machine is called Omnilux).