Question

Julian Beret
A friend of mine passed away about a year ago because Julian Beret was diagnosed too late. I want to know whether a sterilization (tubes tied) could have anything to do with her contracting the disease. I have heard people say it has. Also she had four "skoot" (lap) dogs, could they also have contributed to the disease? Please could you answer soonest.

Dear Leo
Guillian Barre (Also called: Acute idiopathic polyneuritis, Acute inflammatory polyneuropathy, Infectious polyneuritis, Landry-Guillain-Barre syndrome) is an outo immune disease that usually happens after a viral infection and is caused by antibodies attacking the body’s peripheral nervous system. Damage to these nerves impairs the transmittion of nerve signals. As a result, muscles have trouble responding to the brain. No one knows for sure what causes the syndrome but they suspect that it is triggered by a viral infection, surgery or a vaccination.
See http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/gbs/gbs.htm