Question

02 Apr 2007

Jumping dogs
My 2 dogs (aged 1 years) - brother & sister get so excited when they see a person that they jump up on you all the time. You can shout at them & it does not stop them. It does not worry me, but my visitors sometimes get a bit irritated. I have tried to turn my back every time they jump - this does not help either. What can I do????
cybervet

Have you taken then to obedience classes? They should be taught to obey voice commands and be rewarded for that. They can be taught not to jump up. Getting mud all over your colthes is never fun - especially if you are on your way out!