Question

JUNGLE OATS?
Jungle oats contains fat. I understand that it's unsaturated but what kind of unsaturated fat is it. If I eat 25g Jungle oats along with 25g Oat bran and 3 fruits a day, will I be getting in enough fibre? Is there any fruit or veggies that can help with hair loss?

Dear Crab
Oats contain 10.4g of total fat per 100g, thus your 25g portion will contain 2,6g of fat of which nearly 70% is mono-and polyunsaturated fat (these are the 2 'good' fats which help to protect us against heart disease). Your 25g portion of oats also contains 2,6g of dietary fibre and the 25g of oats bran contains about 3g of fibre, thus these oat product provide you with 5,6g of dietary fibre a day. Let's say you eat 2 apples and 1 orange, then you will be ingesting another 6.5g of fibre on that day , thus a total of 12,1g of fibre, which is approx. 60% of the recommended daily intake. You still need to add some wholewheat bread or brown rice to reach 20g a day. Hairloss of dietary origin is usually caused by an iron deficiency and the best sources of readily available iron are meat, organ meats like liver, fish, egg yolk, dried fruit and iron-fortified cereals.