Question

Just STARTED!
Hello, i have just started gyming for the first time ever! i have been doing 10mins cycling, 10mins stepper , 10 mins rower and about 5 mins fast walking on the treadmill. my question is, i dont feel sore the next day??? surely this means i am not doing enough to start off with? please advise! I am trying to lose around 8kg''s. i am combining my gym routine with eating healthy, chicken, salad and frut etc. thanks alot!

Hi Tanya

Good for you!

If you don't feel sore the day after, then it is a sign that your muscles are not being damaged by exercise. Stiffness is caused by microscopic damage to the muscles.

So, you can increase it slightly. You've done the right thing by starting conservatively, because the risk of injury is highest early on. Given that you're doing 10,10 and 5 now, you might increase to 15,10 and 10 and see how it goes. But don't suddenly go to 20, 20 and 20! The idea is not to make yourself sore, it's better not to. So stay on the careful side, but I think you can increase the intensity a little.