Question

Just started cycling
I go to gym 3 - 4 times a week and run 4 km's on the treadmill and cycle around 9.5 km's in the allocated 20 minutes .
I have now decided to start cycling and have done 23 km's twice ... from Hillfox out.
Whilst I have the usual pains getting used to this new form of exercise,I have on both occasions felt somewhat light headed afterwards.Is this a shortage of sugar and if so what should I take to stop the problem ?
Due to a bit of a cholestrol problem my dr.has suggested I don't use the likes of Energade and Powerade.

HI there

It probably is hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) - so I would suggest you eat a high carbohdrate snack about 2 hours before you exercise and then have an Energade/Powerade or something you like to sip on whilst training, so as to keep your blood sugar up.

Good luck.