Question

Kangoo Jumps
I did a bit of home work myself, on there web site they have numerous tests that have been conducted at different universities world wide. The boot has a canter leaver system which was designed by NASA and based on the principles on of reboundology (are you aware of these principles). Cellular exercise is working with acceleration, deceleration and gravity in a vertical plane, For similar levels of heart rate and oxygen consumption, the magnitude of the biomechanical stimuli is greater with jumping on a trampoline than with running.

Hi Jason

I'm aware of kangoo jumps, they came up in a question a few months ago, if I remember correctly, and I did some research on it then. Also think I saw them on a TV show once.

"Reboundology" is a bizarre sounding principle, for what it's worth - that's more marketing speak than anything else. That's not to say the boots are not helpful, but the fact that they remove the onus of muscular work means that doing running in these boots is unlikely to be as energy costly as normal running. I realise you've quoted some studies that will support the kangoo boots, but I'd dispute them as biased studies with a conflict of interests - always ask where the funding comes from...simply put, it's not possible for the boots to create the same energy demand. Lower risk of injury, yes, without doubt, but I wouldn't be replacing normal running with them all the time.

Having said all this, I'm not sure if there's a question or is it an advertising pitch?