Question

KAVA KAVA
Can I safely take Kava Kava continuously. I do not take any other medication except homeopathic : St John's Wort and 5HTP. The person at the chemist said that I should take it for a month then skip a week and take it for another month and so on. As it does help me sleep and has a calming effect I would prefer to take it continuously.

Dear Ram
I recently read a warning in the SA Medical Journal that Kava Kava can cause liver disease and will be withdrawn from the market. I would, therefore, not recommend its use.