Question

Keep period away for a while
We are going away on holiday for a week and as it happens it will be at exactly the same time as me period. Is there something I can take to keep it away for a week or so? It will really spoil my holiday as we want to go scuba diving and do a lot of watersports. I will not be able to take part if my period starts.

If you are on the Pill, you could just skip the placebo pills. If not, you could go on the Pill for a month or two. Alternatively you could take Provera tablets starting a week before your period is due and stopping when you wish to have a period. The period should start within 2-3 days of stopping. Do a trial run first as Prvera makes some people quite nauseous and this may spoil your holiday.