Question

Kelp
Shorty again, sorry I forgot to ask: Why is it that my GP told me to stop taking my Kelp tab's= Vital product. And yet I wanted a vitamin and spoke to the pharmacist and was told that I could be taking some form of kelp even though I have a thyriod problem. Could you please clarify this for me? Thanks.

Dear Shorty,
Kelp tablets contains iodine and could interfere with your treatment. Kelp will only help for thyroid problems if you live in an area where the natural iodine in the water is so low that you have an iodine shortage. The Kelp tablets are also a natural product, so you never know from the one pill to the next how much you are taking in. Rather follow your GP's advice.