Question

Kessar tabs
Hi. I would like to know why would a Urologist give my husband Kessar tabs 10mg 1pd. Thank you
Pharmacist
pharmacist

Kessar (Tamoxifen) is a non-steroidal anti-oestrogen preparation. Once a medicine has been approved for marketing for a certain use, experience may show that it is also useful for other medical problems. Although these uses are not included in product labeling, tamoxifen may be used for other medical conditions. I will list some of the potential uses of tamoxifen in men.
This same drug that is used to combat breast cancer in women may help unclog arteries in men, possibly leading to a lower risk of heart attack; Some doctors recommends tamoxifen as treatment in patients with painful gynecomastia of recent onset; Tamoxifen be used to stimulate gonadotropin (male hormone) release, which leads to testosterone production - This may be helpful in increasing sperm production, treat hormonal dysfunction, etc.; Treatment of the rare occurance of male breast cancer; It has been used in the treatment of desmoid tumors, a condition with properties similar to Peyronie's disease (formation of a plaque or hardened scar tissue beneath the skin of the penis); etc., etc., etc.....
As you can see, there are various reasons this may have been prescribed. It would be best to ask your husband's doctor yourelf should you still have questions.