Question

Kidney stones
My son have passed a kidney stone.He has spoken to his docter and says the docter didn't tell him much. I have read the article on kidney stones in A-Z. Some one told me that should you suffer from kidney stones that you can prevent the stones by drinking Beer(this will make my son happy). My second qeustion is that they say you must drink a lot of water. Could water be replaced with Oros or other cordials mixed with water as he does not like the taste of water? Would it still have the same effect? What is the general age group for getting stones is 22 to young.Does an unhealthy lifestyle play a big role eg Drinking a lot, staying out till early mornings and I suspect some kind of rave drugs? Does this contribute to kidney stone as he is a student. If you would give me some answers i would really appreciate it.

CF, Drinking beer makes you pass water more frequently, so if he has two glasses of water for every glass of beer he has, it might be beneficial.
If he has calcium stones, adding lemon concentrate may be beneficial. Adding oros to the water will do no harm.
I couldn’t find any statistics concerning the age of peak incidence, but I guess it is after the third decade.
If he dehydrates during his “wild nights out” if might contribute to him developing kidney stones. Good luck.