Question

Kilojoules vs Fat
I am confused. I started cutting down on fats and have lost about 6 kgs, without being on a terrible diet. My problem is, now I want to maintain my weight. I know that one must only eat ±3 fruits a day. But, I love fruit and when I am hungry, I eat fruit (grapes, apples, bananas) - in stead of chips or chocolates. The problem is just, doesn't fruit also contain lots of sugar / kilojoules? It doesn't contain fat, but can still let me gain weight. For the rest of the time I eat balanced meals and drink lots of water. I just love my fruit! Are there fruits that I rather should eat than others?
Thank you!!

Dear Confused
You have the right idea that reducing fat intake will make you lose weight and you proved it by losing a whopping 6 kg - well done. Who says you may only eat 3 fruits a day? Its not the carbs that make you fat and fruit contains practically no fat at all. Fruits on average contain relatively few kJ because a) carbs only contribute 17 kJ/g compared to 37 kJ/g for fat, b) fruits have a very high water content c) fruits also contain fibre which dilutes the energy content even more, so go ahead and have some fruit instead of chips and chocs. Citrus fruits, pears, apples, strawberries, pawpaw and mangoes have a lower sugar content than grapes and dried fruit.
Keep up the good work