Question

klacid
I have an IgG difficiency, and get sick very easily. I am an outpatient. I'  ve got sinu-tracheitis and flu. Antibiotics given was klacid by a GP. I feel much better, but still is not 100%. My doctor before he went overseas said i should always take an antibiotics twice the strench per day and for 7-10 days at a time. To stop infections in its tracks. Is that wise to do? And can it harm me in any way?

Hi Mandy
As long as the antibiotics are not prescribed indiscriminately - like for viral infections like a cold, but only for true bacterial infections, it should be fine. One would not want your body to develop resistance against antibiotics by overusing it for "small" infections, so the type of antibiotic you are given should also be relevant to the kind of infection (one should not shoot a fly with a cannon!) If you have sinusitis and tracheitis you probably do need antibiotics like Klacid.