Question

Knee Pain

I run an accumulative 40kms per week. I have noticed that i sometimes get knee pain after running and it subsides after three/four days. It get sore if I squat or go up or down the stairs...not so much while walking normally. Please advice what could be the cause.

thank you,

Dear Nellu
It could be ileotibial band syndrome or irritation of the knee cap due to friction when you run. Let a biokineticist examine you to determine where the problem is, and let him also have a look at your shoes to see if you aren't putting too much stress on the knee because your shoes are not the right fit for your feet.