Question

Knee pains
I have had reconstructive surgery done on my right knee a couples years back. however i still feel alot of pain and discomfort. i also experience a piercing pain in my knee that sometimes leaves the leg numb. this happens during winter and summer. could the ACL reconstruction have been done wrong. please advise what i can do to alleviate this pain.

thanks
joe
Orthopaedic Specialist Forum
orthopaedic sports injury

I gather you had an ACL reconstruction performed on your knee. There is commonly associated cartilage damage which may be causing the pain. A failed reconstruction will usually result in the knee giving way. You should make an appointment to see a knee specialist to find the cause of the pain as delay might cause further damage.