Question

Knees and squash
I enjoy playing squash but my knees don't. What kind of exercise can I do to strengthen my knees?

Hi Sandy

You really need to strengthen the muscles attached to the knees, which therefore, can relieve some of the pressure they take. There are many illustrated exercises in the War on Wobbles Exercise Programme, which can be found on the home page of this website - so I suggest you go into this. However, still better would be to visit a Bioketicist and get a good strengthening programme specific to your individual needs. If you live in Cape Town, phone our Peak Biokinetics unit on 021 659 5647.

Good luck.