Ask an expert

16 Aug 2010

labour law and rights
While my husband was working at his previous company(he is an electrician) he was working at a college and changing a light fitting in one of the labs since there was a table in the way his ladder could not reach the fitting so he stood on the table he lost his balance and broke a glass bottle thingy not sure what its called. he reported it and told his boss what happened he was told he might have to pay for it. Now years later he got a call from the boss saying that he must pay R12000 for the glass bottle. The boss claims that the money was deducted from his payment at the end of that job. How do we go about this and does my husband have to pay. I have asked the boss for the invoices and contact details of the college.

Answer 288 views
Labour lawyer
Labour lawyer

01 Jan 0001

re: Labour law rights

You are quite right, your husband cannot be held liable to pay for the glass bottle. Even if they give you all the invoices and all the contact details of the college they must claim this from their insurance.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17780 votes