Question

LACTATING BREASTS
I have recently had a mamogram as I found a lump in my breast - the outcome was that my milkducks were producing milk, How can I have lactating breasts when I am definately NOT pregnant - gynae prescribed Lactosec for one month - can you help me. My breasts become sore and swollen throughout the day.

It may be that the lactation is from a previous pregnancy, or there could be overactivity of the milk producing gland which is just next to the brain. If this was the case, you should have had blood taken for prolactin levels and the effect of the treatment would be monitored using these.