Question

Lactose intolerance - Do I need calcium tablets?
I have been diagnosed with lactose intolerance and would like to know if I need to take supplements for my diet? I am going to a dietician when my doctor gets back from leave but would like to start know as I own a restaurant and at the end of the day I have very painful hips and legs and lower back. Would the calcium take these aches away?

Dear Spider
Yes, if you cut out all milk and dairy products which are the best source of calcium in the diet then it is a good idea to take a supplement like Calcium Sandoz, etc. However, the pains in your hips and lower back need to be investigated by a medical dr, because they may indicate some problem such as arthritis. Tell your dr about these symptoms and keep that date with the dietitian as it will make your life so much easier when it comes to working out a lactose-free, but balanced diet.