Question

lard belly
My husband (52) has over the past 4 years gained an enormous amount of weight. He is 6 ft tall and 118kgs most of the weight carried as a lard belly. He works in a remote area and has no access to gym facilities. Can you point us to an exercise plan and eating plan bearing that in mind?

Hi Jane

I can help you with an exercise plan, but you will need to be guided by Dierdoc for an eating plan. Click on Shape up for Summer on the home page of this website. There is a comprehensive home-based programme that your husband can follow. It is vital that he exercise and lose some of his belly, since these attributes place him at risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes (Type 2).

Good luck!