Question

laxa
hi doc

i take naturalex as i have ibs real bad and nothing prescriped works except naturalex and its the best, but i was wondering can a laxative make on loose weigt, eg, if one eats a burger the night before and takes it what can happen, can a person loose weight just wondering

not that need to loose but was interested
God bless

Dear Reader
I understand that you use naturalex as a laxative because you suffer from IBS, but I would strongly urge you to rather try and counteract constipation by increasing your dietary fibre intake, drinking 4 cups of water a day and doing regular exercise to stimulate the gi tract. Also consider using a gentler laxative such as Fybogel (buy at chemist) as harsh laxatives can make your bowels lose their natural function, cause dehydration and nutrient deficiencies. It is possible for an individual to reduce her weight by using a laxative, but this is generally water lost via the diarrhoea that a laxative induces and the weight would be regained as soon as the person drinks liquids again.