Question

Leg Cramps
Please advise, I have severe aching legs most of the time! I take 40mg Simvistatin and an Ecotrin tablet daily. It has been suggested that Lipitor can give leg cramps but not the simvistatin. If it is the meds, what else could I take as the cholestrol is rather high (9.9) with meds and diet and a hereditory factor. Your help would be appreciated

Hallo Ganny
Simvastatin can also cause muscle pain - stop it for a few days and see if there is a difference? If the symptoms improve without the simvastatin, you may need to discuss with your doctor, you may need to change to another kind of cholesterol medication like a Fibrate.