Question

Legg press
Dear Fitness Doc,

Sorry for my mail of yesterday....I've asked if the bench press targets the same muscle group as the stepper. Want I actually wanted to know is if the "leg press" targets the same muscle groups as the stepper?

Sorry about my mistake.

Thanking you once again in advance,
Karien

Hi Karien

Yes, but remember that the stepper is a cardiovascular type machine ie your heart rate will increase and you will get great cardiovascular training along with some leg strengthening, whereas the leg press is primarily a resistance training option i.e leg strengthening rather than cardiovascular training.

So I'd still recommend that you do both.