Question

legs
I've got very heavy legs. I tend to loose weight quickly in my upper body ,but the bottom stay heavy especially the thighs and knees. please let me know how i can loose those weight especially the knees . I don't have access to a gym so exercises to do at home will be great.

thanks

Hi Miem

If you check out the Fitness Page of this site, and then click on "programmes", you will see a number of options available to you. My advice is to go with walking and jogging, simply because they allow you to do the right TYPE of exercise (cardiovascular training) from home. Cycling and swimming are other options, but with traffic and winter it's a little more difficult to get them in.

So once on that programme, you'll be on track. Your problem is quite common - it happens to many people, and they battle to lose in a specific area. But the truth is, it's all solved the same way - regular cardio training, so that's what you need to do. It will take time though - you'll find that at first, you might lose on the upper body, then you'll think you've stopped improving, because of your "stubborn" legs. But in time, it will happen. So just keep at it!