Question

leiomyomatosis peritonealis disseminata
I recently underwent a laparoscopy for endometriosis and an ovarian cyst. I have been diagnosed with leiomyomatosis peritonealis disseminata. Literature on treatment, aetiology etc is limited. I am sympotmatic on a monthly basis. From Day 9 I have nausea, diarrhoea, headaches, fatigue, low mood and abdominal bloating and pain. This stabilises and then from approx day 19-26 I am anxious, irritable, and in more abdominal pain. I urinate throughout the night, have middle insomnia and headaches. Any recommendations re treatment or a specialist who knows about the condition to see in cape town area. My current gynae has not been helpful in this regard.

This is a very rare condition - only about 100 reported cases in the world. I am imnterested to know how the diagnosis was made. I can understand this as a cause for pain, but not for headaches, fatigue and low mood. I don't think you will find any experts as it is such a rare condition, but your gynae could read up on the previously reported cases.