Question

Letting Agent causing me problems
We have given notice on our place. When we took it 2 years ago the letting agent did not do an inspection with us at all. We submitted a Snag List. He now alleges that he did an outgoing inspection with the previous tenants and together with the Snag List we submitted this will suffice in allowing him to deduct from the deposit any damages. There are not any.

I have told him what the Rental Tribunal states and since we never signed anything....

I have contacted the Rental Tribunal and they say this is unfair and we can lodge a complaint. Sure we can, but I need my deposit and they only act 21 days after the complaint has been lodged. In the meantime I must secure another place.

We can''t afford any attorney.

This is causing my sister and I immense stress and I so resent it. People say things like " he can''t do that"  but if people did not do what they cannot do we would not have lawyers and the CCMA and places like that would we.

I am so angry.

Sorry to hear about this. I have no expertise in these areas, and have had extremely bad experiences myself at the hands of estate agents and their ilk.