Question

Letting go
As some of you know by now, I've decided to follow my dream - I'm staying in this relationship for the wrong reasons, and I know it's not good for me, so I've decided to go to Europe next year. That aside - bf has always had plans to quit his current job (very nice job, he's doing great) and start up a business in a similar line with 'bad friend'. When he asked my opinion in the past, I would give it to him straight that I wouldn't feel comfortable with it and that it's a huge risk to take (with this guy having tried similar 'schemes' and never succeeded...) - anyway. So last night we had a good night, we spent some quality time together and had a chat about life and it felt as if we actually connected (which was a good feeling..yet sad) and then the whole business thing came up. He again mentioned that all the opportunities for this new venture with 'bad friend' is waiting for them, they can basically just start up and go (or that's what he says) - and for the first time I encouraged him to do it. I told him to follow his dreams, and if this is one of them, then he should do it. He asked me why the sudden change of heart? To which I replied that I am in a place in my life at the moment where following my dreams has become a very high priority and that I'm definately planning on paying more attention to that, so he should do the same.
And you know what? I've realised that I'm letting go. Because never in the past would I have gone so far as to say that.. and mean it. Let him quit his job. Let him start this thing with 'bad friend'. Let them take risks and spend hours and hours together. 'Cause next year? I'm definately going to be following my dreams....

Let him learn to take responsibility for his choices, and for the results of those choices. And you take care of your own dreams